Monday, December 31, 2018

Semester Review



This project was about finding someone in our class that was special and we would have to do an interview about them.  It took me and my group about a week to do but we got it done. Some challenges we faced was communication and also two of our group members were being interviewed so that left just three of us to try to work things out.  I learned that communication is the key to just about anything in life and that even if problems are thrown in your face you can work around them to get done what you need to get done.  Some feedback I was given was that I needed to center Maleah more.  I didn't change much except for centering Maleah.  I think that it was good project overall.



Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to upload my news story to YouTube.

The project that we did was about the underclassman play and what it was about.  It took about a week to complete.  Some challenges we faced were if any of us could stay after school to film it but fortunately two of our group members were part of the play so we had that covered.  Some feedback was to make it a bit longer.  I did end up making it longer.  The overall project was fun and I enjoyed being behind the scenes and seeing how everything worked.



I used my class time well and got all my videos done in class but sometimes was not able to finish my blogs in time.  I could of used it all to my advantage but I admit I would get distracted and off task sometimes but I did end up finishing all my videos on time.  I usually got done with not much time to spare so there wasn't much I could do in the little time I had left.  I usually watch the videos that you have posted to help me understand more about being in video production.



My areas of strength are editing.  I've always been good at editing and I also took a class over the summer of 2016 that got me started at editing and I also did a class about animation which led me to the E-communication program.  Some areas I need to improve are using my time wisely and not get so distracted as easily and focus on what I need to get done.  My role in the ONW NOW sophomore edition was behind the scenes and making sure everybody was where they needed to be and to tell the people when to start.  My team made a video on the underclassman play.  I learned that I need to be more communicative with my group.


What I loved most about this semester was the ONW NOW sophomore version because it was fun to work behind the scenes and see how everything worked and it was really fun to experience that.  What I would change differently was how long we had to do the blogs in class because I never really had time to do them in class.  My overall take-away from this semester is that communication is the key.  One goal I would set for myself next year and next semester is me more confident with my ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment