Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Senior Capstone Final


The Five Guarantees 

Technical Skills:  I learned it mostly from trial by error.  It is important because it'll help me in careers moving forward.  I didn't really face any challenges along the way.

Communication:  I learned to better communicate with my fellow peers.  It is important because it'll help me in careers moving forward.  The only challenge I faced was being heard.

Collaboration: I learned to better collaborate with my fellow peers.  It is important because it'll help me in careers moving forward.  The only challenge I faced was people acknowledging me.

Leadership: I learned it mostly from trial by error.  It is important because it'll help me in careers moving forward.  I didn't really face any challenges along the way.

Project Management: I learned to make use of my time and work under strict deadlines.  It is important because it'll help me in careers moving forward.  I didn't really face any challenges along the way.


My Best Work

Royale: Infinity Blade

This project started off as a joke.  Me and my group decided that we wanted to take fortnite and marvel, combine them, and make it into something serious.  It took us about a month to film and then another week to edit.  I choose it as one of my top three because it my best work by far.  We all worked hard on this.  It was our last project for e-Comm and we wanted to end with a bang.  I helped with audio on this and whatever else was needed.  I think that there isn't anything we need to do to make this better.  I personally believe that this is a masterpiece that we all worked hard on to make it look amazing.


KC Wildlife PSA

This project is my favorite.  Not because it is my best work, there's a lot I could fix, but because it's what I want to do for a living.  My ultimate goal is to create a better world for future generations.  And I plan on doing that by focusing on protecting and preserving our wildlife and environment.  This video is the start of that very goal/dream.  It's the first video I've done that I did everything by myself.  All footage and photos were shot by me.  What I would have personally done different is made the entire thing video with no photos.  The day I shot this I was also trying to get photos as well.  I plan on making a better one this summer that is completely composed of footage and will even have a voiceover and possibly vfx.

Jack and Todd's Legendary Poker Game

This project made me feel like I was actually shooting a blockbuster feature film.  I'm not gonna lie, there was a lot that went wrong with this.  Mostly because of one person, not gonna name names but if you were a part of this feature and are reading this then you know who I'm talking about.  There was also Covid that played a major part in this.  Our normal six months to work on this was cut in half to only three months.  Our normal hour long features were cut down to about 30 minutes.  A lot of things went wrong from cinematography, to actors dropping out, to taking too long to film individual scenes.  But, it was super fun to work on.  If we had the full six months, who knows, maybe we would have been able to pull it off.  We may never no but a guy can still hope right?


Summary

What I loved most about entertainment video this year was the project that I got to work on.  I would have personally gotten rid of Covid, but that's kinda impossible so......  The overall takeaway I'll take away from not only e-Com but my senior year as a whole is to appreciate life and enjoy it while your here.  One goal I'd like to set for myself is to build a zoo.  I have already started on planning it but who knows,  we'll just see here in the next 10-20 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment